Friday, August 8, 2014

More Great Fruit - part 2-


クリックすると新しいウィンドウで開きます


  On the Grove Street, under the strong sun shine, I was walking with my cell phone which seemed to have no confidence.

“Where is Loria?” 

  Buildings, people, trees and even the sun, everything was strange. A big squirrel ran, stopped beside me and stared at me with its large glass eyes as if it talked to me, “Hey, Japanese Guy. You are losing your way? Don’t be negligent. This is America. This is New Haven!! ” Then, the squirrel ran away and left me in the miserable situation.

   “Ok, Mr. Squirrel, I understand what I have to do. I have to be more careful because I am new member of the Yale.”

  I restarted the walk looking for Loria feeling the nasty sweat. I knew I was already late for the first orientation of this program. I looked up at the sky. The sky was light blue and beautiful, but I felt loneliness in the sky. I sighed “How is the sky of Tokyo now?” That day was the first day of this program, the 30th of Jun.

 

  From that day, my life in America started. I studied English, played table tennis, ate food in the dining hall, played soccer, ate in the Japanese restaurant, traveled to Boston, ate lobster and clam chowder, chatted with my friend in a Arabic restaurant, went to the mountain, watched “Lion King”, won the championship in the tournament of table tennis, traveled to New York and read poems in front of many friends and teachers.

 

  I really got many unforgettable memories. I also got many precious friends and I was often inspired by them.

  My Muslim friend astonished me by his belief and encouraged me to notice that there are different values in the world and I don’t have to obey any specific ones.

  My Chinese female friends surprised me by their politeness and kindness, and promoted me to have warm heart.

  My Chinese and Korean male friends were very friendly to me. I noticed that we have many similarities and so we can definitely make trustful relationships in the future, even though the relationship between our countries is bad now.

  My French friends were not only lovely friends but also good rivals. We played together a lot, such as table tennis, soccer and porkers. We won the championship in the tournament together.

 August 6th

  Now I am walking recalling my memories of the Yale on the same Grove Street under the same strong sun shine. This scenery looks similar to the first day’s, but they are totally different because I am now familiar with buildings, people, streets and the sun in Yale!

  Even the squirrels smile to me and speak to me, “Hey, Taka. Will you play soccer in this evening?”

 

So what is the great fruit? If you have read my article about my first impression of the Yale and compared this article with it, you may understand what I want to say. How different they are! My Writing & Reading class teacher Carrie told me how interesting and delightful it is to create something with my own imagination. This is another great fruit I got in the Yale. Thanks Carrie a lot.

 

1 comment:

  1. It was such a divine pleasure to watch you bloom on these posts you wrote for me. I told you in class at the beginning that you reminded me of a soldier in your writing, and then you began to run and leap, until finally you were so suitable to the title of the blog and you flew to the clouds that you love so much. I so enjoyed witnessing your metamorphosis, and now reading your poetry. Thank you so much, Carrie

    ReplyDelete