Monday, August 4, 2014

Imagination


  Someone said, "Children had great creativity and imagination, and sometimes they cause miracle."
  I think that believing in miracles is similar to having imagination. They can encourage us to be creative. Do you remember some miracles you experienced in your childhood? The child in the poem below has one memory of a miacle.


Magic Jack


On Christmas Day,
my parents bought me a purple duck
with polka-dotted feathers                                         
and a yellow bill.

 
When I first saw it,
I didn’t like it because
it’s skin looked
like a poison snake.

 
I took a bath,
It looked in my eyes
and suddenly moved it's bill.
“Hi, I am Jack. Please let me take a bath with you. ”

 
On touching the bath,
Jack screamed with joy.
“I have longed for this!”
If he could move his wings, he would flutter happily.

 

“Why are you named Jack?”
“I was not named. I chose Jack myself
because I respect Christ . And look outside,
you can see many works of Jack Frost!”

 
I spent many hours talking with Jack
in the bath
He was familiar with everything like
a professor wearing glasses.

 
Just before going to sleep,
I said ”Good night, let’s talk tomorrow, again.”
He smiled to me and said,
“See you.”

 
The next morning, as soon as I woke up,
I went to the bath to see Jack.
But I couldn’t find him.
My parents didn’t remember they had given a duck toy to me.

 
Did I have a dream?
I looked outside with a gray cloudy mind.
And then, I saw, in the garden.
Many works of Jack Frost
The color of a purple poison snake.


                                                                 Works of Jack Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment