Thursday, July 31, 2014

Tournament of Table Tennis!! -part 1-


 CIMG0334c.jpg
 
 
  On the first day of the Yale program, I saw the basement of our dormitory with my heart hammering because there was a table-tennis table. I have liked playing table tennis since my childhood, but I didn’t have too much opportunity to play table tennis in Japan. Now I can enjoy playing table tennis every day!!

  I have played table tennis a lot with my friends, especially Edward, who is from France and is my neighbor here. Fortunately, almost all of my friends like playing table tennis, so it was not so difficult to find partners.

  On July 24th, the Yale students organized a tournament of table tennis, so I signed up it with Edward to win the championship.

The tournament was held in Trumbull College basement and the game style was doubles. We went there with great confidence; we were young guys who were not afraid of anything.
 
 

However, in the first match, we got very nervous because we were told that we had only one set, so were not allowed to make a mistake. The opponents were two boys who were from Latin America countries and they played well. What is worse, we made many errors because of nervousness, so the score became 10-10 and the game went into deuce. Finally we restored calmness and my serve finished the game at last. This first game was very difficult and severe especially for our frame of mind.

   In the second match, we met a team of two girls. This game was easier to win than the first game, so we developed self-confidence.

   Third game came and this game was the semi-final match. The opponents were a tall boy and an Italian girl who can play tennis. They played well, especially theItalian girl. She could control a ball and aimed at the places which we couldn’t reach. So we decided to shoot at the tall boy and cause him to make mistakes. Finally we won.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment