Saturday, July 12, 2014

Weekend!!

4th of July is the special day in the United States. It is the Independence Day. 238 years ago, in 1776, The Unanimous Declaration of the thirteen United States of America was published on that day.

 So, on 4th of July, we had no class as well as many students in America and had some special events. In the morning, we watched a film about Independence Day, from which I could learn the importance of the day for Americans. I was also surprised by the fact that many children had gotten injured and died because of fireworks for the ceremony in the past.

 After the film, the Yale staffs took us to a lake, and we had a barbeque there. But, it was really a buffet rather than barbeque for me because I just picked up some foods, such as hamburgers. I never grilled meats. It was raining that day. If it had not been raining, I would have gone swimming in the lake.
 

  On Sunday. July 6th, I decided to do something interesting without thinking about homework. In the morning, I went to a church because I am so interested in Christianity though I am not a Christian. The church which I went to is located near the old campus. The blue and pink windows(stained-glass windows) painted with Christ were beautiful. I experienced the solemn ritual with graceful hymns.
 

 After lunch, I went to the beach near the Morse College with my friends. That was the first time for me to see the Atlantic Ocean. The water in the sea was cold for me, so I could not swim for a long time, but I enjoyed sleeping on the beach and walking along the coast.

 It was a great weekend because I could experience things I had never done!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment