Sunday, July 27, 2014

My House


 My house is in a quiet residential street of Tokyo. If you walk on the street in spring, you can find a big cherry blossom tree with many white pretty flowers in front of a house. That house is ours. 

  My house is not so big, but it has three floors. On the third floor, we have an attic room like a hiding place, but now the room is occupied by many toys which were used in my childhood. 
 
  On the second floor, we have a living room and two bedrooms, which belong to  my sister and me. Next to the living room, there is also a kitchen which is filled with the smells and sounds of cooking before the meal. They always make me excited because I like eating dishes in our house. 

  In the center of the living room, in front of the television, we have a long white sofa covered with 
leather. This sofa is often occupied by someone, especially my mother. In the night, after she comes back from her workplace and eats dinner, her time begins. She sits on the sofa, turns on television and watches TV dramas eating her favorite dessert, such as ice creams in summer. Behind her, my father sits on a chair beside a square dining table and reads a newspaper while eating dinner. This is the ordinary scene of our family on the weekday nights, and it brings me comfort.

 I think our house is an almost typical Japanese city house, but only the cherry blossom tree in front of our house is characteristic. This tree was planted when we moved there 15 years ago. In the beginning, the tree was as tall as me, when I  was a first grade student in my elementary school, but the tree is getting bigger and bigger faster than me, and now it is about five meters high.

  Every spring, It has many white graceful flowers as if it celebrates the beginning of a new term. Congratulations, you're starting school! It also lets people walking on the street enjoy watching the lovely flowers. 

 Every summer, it has many green big leaves and gives us a comfortable shade.
 Every autumn, it changes leaves from green to brilliant orange, yellow and red.
 Every winter, it loses every leaf and gives us the task to clean the street. 

 In every season, the tree lets us enjoy it in different ways. We live together. It can be said that a cherry blossom tree is a member of our family.
 

1 comment: