Saturday, July 12, 2014

Living in the Yale University


Throughout my life in New Haven, I have had three impressions to Yale.

 First, I was surprised by noticing how vast the Yale University is. In Japan, the most universities, including my university, consist of only some buildings. So, the estate is not so large. However, the Yale University itself can be said to be one town.

Second, I noticed local people in New Haven are very kind to foreigners. For a couple of days after this program started, I often lost my way, but the local people helped me a lot every time I asked them for some help. One time, to my surprise, a man took me and my friend to my destination. I think we Japanese have to learn this culture for the Tokyo Olympics in 2020.

Third, I was surprised by how noisy it was at the night. New Haven is an infamous city where many crimes are caused, so there is much noise, such as a siren of a patrol car and an explosive sound. So it is difficult to sleep opening the windows!! And my room has no air conditioner. This bothered me, but now I succeeded in adapting myself to the new environment and enjoy living in New Haven.

No comments:

Post a Comment