Thursday, July 31, 2014

Tournament of Table Tennis!! -part 2-



クリックすると新しいウィンドウで開きます





  The final match came. The opponents were a Chinese boy and a Chinese girl. In the practice time, they looked extremely good at playing table tennis. They must have played table tennis quite often in China.
 
  The game started. At first, we were surprised by his serve. He made a ball spin and move randomly. “Impossible to return!!” Edward shouted. I also tried to return, but failed. So we almost gave up returning his serve and instead focused on our serves and returning the girl’s serve.

  Our point, their point, their point again, our point, their point. The game proceeded like this. Even though we didn’t succeed in returning his serve at all, we managed to catch up with them. The score became 19-20 (this match was a 21 point match) and it was my service turn. I was concentrated on my serve, shot a sharp one and the Chinese girl failed to return. I got it!! I did a high-five with Edward, and the game went into deuce. But then we noticed that next service was the Chinese boy’s turn.
 
  “Oh, my God.” Edward shouted again. We didn’t have a choice, so we had to return his scary serve.   

His serve came spinning like a roaring devil sent to kill us. Edward made the ball spin strongly; the ball flew in the air and bounced on the edge of the opponent’s court. Miracle return!! I did a high-five with Edward again. The score became 21-20 and his serve again. At that crucial time, Edward also succeeded in returning and Chinese girl failed. We won the game and the championship!
 
 I and Edward hugged and admired each other. Our bodies were very hot like gladiators finishing their fight. We won honor and some prizes, a magcup with the Yale mark and a giftcard. I had been looking forward to getting the magcup, so I was so lucky. The tournament finished.

This is my unforgettable memory in the Yale.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment